My Voice Music 2011 Annual Report
2011 ANNUAL REPORT IS OUT – Learn how your support is making a huge differance in the lives of youth! Click the link to download the full report: 2011 Annual Report
- Worked with 550 youth teaching them to play music, sing, perform, write their own songs and record;
- Recorded more than 350 original songs written by our students;
- Released Our First Student Compilation CD, “Today Is A New Day” with introductions by Mayor Sam Adams, Storm Large, Dave Dahl, Bibi McGill and many others;
- Hired two part time Program Instructors;
- Organized 22 student concerts;
- Brought 25 music programs to 15 local youth organizations that previously had no programs; and
- Launched a year-round Music Mentorship program serving five youth;
- Our Executive Director, Ian Mouser, was awarded a 2011 Skidmore Prize for outstanding non-profit leadership.
Who We Served:
- 260 youth in mental health Treatment Programs;
- 40 children living in foster care;
- 20 homeless and transitional youth;
- 25 youth by private referral;
- 20 youth attending alternative schools;
- 145 youth in public schools; and
- 35 youth experiencing other circumstances.
Financials & Support:
We raised over $130,000 in support including; $63,000 in cash, and $69,000 of in-kind donations.
Significant Corporate Sponsors: Regence BlueCross Blueshield of Oregon, Radio Room, Bheestie, Parsons Farnell & Grein, LLP, Waggener Edstrom, KZME, Portland Music Company, Caffe Mingo, Lakeside Industries
Visit our Donor page to view a list of all of great supporters!
We had over 60 amazing volunteers who helped us run programs and events, served on committees and much more!